De Blasio receives nuke threat letter

Image

NEW YORK’S new mayor Bill de Blasio received an ominous letter addressed to his home that threatened a “nuclear attack against New York City”

The letter arrived the same day that five hotels near the Super Bowl site received similar mail, police sources said.

Although the letter was addressed to the mayor’s home in Park Slope, Brooklyn it was opened at City Hall.

Police said the note did not threaten de Blasio directly.

In addition to threatening to nuke the city, the writer also took aim at the Super Bowl, saying that it should be called the “treason bowl,” sources said.

“Unfortunately, threatening letters do come with the job,’’ de Blasio told reporters on Sunday.

“It’s just an unfortunate reality of our society.”

The mayor added, “I have absolute faith that the NYPD is handling this and every other threat very well and very professionally, and I’m not going to comment on it.”

The letters sent to the New Jersey hotels also contained a powder.

It was later examined and found to be harmless cornstarch.

The de Blasio letter did not contain any powder.

But police said a cornstarch-dusted letter addressed to the Manhattan office of former Mayor Rudy Giuliani at 1251 Sixth Ave. also was discovered.

Advertisements

1 Response to “De Blasio receives nuke threat letter”



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s




All the news that's printed to fit from New York's best online information source.

Latest news:

RSS New York Times

RSS NY Daily News

  • An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.

RSS New York Post

  • Shock sex harass claim: Cuomo turned blind eye to pervert under his nose November 19, 2017
    An upstate woman has stepped forward to reveal she is the sex-harass accuser who prompted the resignation last month of a high-ranking Gov. Cuomo appointee — and to accuse the governor of repeatedly ignoring his pal’s “horrific acts.” In a shocking Manhattan federal court lawsuit filed Saturday, Lisa Marie Cater alleges former Empire State Development... […]

RSS USA Today

  • An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Website redesign by BST Designs

%d bloggers like this: